Tweet When I first met Christine Bryant, we were both covered in blood. It was the night of our mutual friend’s annual Zombie Crawl birthday bash, which finds us traipsing down Edgewater Drive’s bars looking like extras from “Evil Dead” every October. (Keep an eye out for us — no brains, just beer.) Over drinks […]
March 23, the College Park Main Street organization honored outstanding volunteers and sponsors at its annual Awards Social & Silent Auction.
Executive Director Andrea Kudlacz says the success of the Main Street program is dependent on active participation from residents, business members and sponsors. “We love honoring our most active volunteers every year, as well as our biggest sponsors. As a nonprofit, our program completely depends on both, and we are so grateful. We wouldn’t be able to put on our big street events — Dancing on the Drive, JazzFest and Holiday on the Drive — if not for the dedication of so many wonderful volunteers, members and event sponsors.”
In addition to its street parties, the College Park Main Street program is also responsible for the Summer Sidewalk Sale, Small Business Saturday, the College Park Main Street Facade Grant and decorating Albert Park for the holidays, as well as networking events and business seminars for members.
The 2016–2017 honorees are:
- Volunteer of the Year: Donna Anthony, Sassy Pants
- Rookie Volunteer of the Year: Hannah Plate, Littlejohn + S&ME
- Board Member of the Year: Andy Swart, The Spa, LLC
- Sponsor of the Year: Re/Max Exclusive Collection, Michael Kara
- Committee Member of the Year: Chad Ourso, Brightway Insurance
- Partner of the Year: Keiron Partners
- Spirit of College Park Award: Ben Graves, My House Fitness
To learn how you can get involved with College Park Main Street, email email@example.com.